Can't stream from MacBook Pro to XBox One

This is where you report whatever issue you have on desktop. Windows, Mac, Linux, issues with Chromecast support, VPN, Apple TV, whatever. Don't forget to read forum rules BEFORE posting.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH .!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING . IN YOUR POST:
- What . # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS . is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
ahrimanpob

Can't stream from MacBook Pro to XBox One

Post by ahrimanpob » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:51 pm

- What . # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS . is it running? 0.4.4. MacBook Pro. macOS High Sierra 10.13.4, YES.
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows? Yes on both
- Can you attach a screenshot? (If it's something that can be captured).

Hello.

I'm trying to stream content to my Xbox One, and PCT won't recognize the device. Both MacBook Pro and Xbox One are on the same WiFi network. The attached screenshot will show that under "Watch Now," . get "." and "VLC" but not the DNLA device, the Xbox One in this case. I've seen a few YouTube tutorials about this, and they all say it's just a matter of having both devices on the same network, then to select the device from the PCT "Watch Now" drop down menu; I'm at a loss.

Any help is welcomed.

Thanks!
Attachments
Captura de pantalla 2020-12-12 a la(s) 2.46.42 p. m..png
Captura de pantalla 2020-12-12 a la(s) 2.46.42 p. m..png (38.23 KiB) Viewed 777 times

brekeen

Re: Can't stream from MacBook Pro to XBox One

Post by brekeen » Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:24 pm

Mac wont let me open the file. It states may have Malware?