Possible issue and cause for black screen?

This is where you report whatever issue you have on desktop. Windows, Mac, Linux, issues with Chromecast support, VPN, Apple TV, whatever. Don't forget to read forum rules BEFORE posting.

Moderators: Siem, Fous, Chupacabra

Forum rules
1. BEFORE REPORTING A BUG, USE THE SEARCH .!!!
Is someone reported it already, don't open a new thread! Save us time so we can invest this time in fixing this bug!

2. ANSWER THAT FOLLOWING . IN YOUR POST:
- What . # of PT are you using? On what device? What OS . is it running? ie. win 7
- Is this bug happening on everything you try to watch? Movies and TV shows?
- Can you attach a screen shot? (If it's something that can be captured).
**The more detail you give us regarding this issue you're having, the easier it'll be for us to reproduce it and fix it! So start spilling...
FirstAirbender

Possible issue and cause for black screen?

Post by FirstAirbender » Fri May 14, 2021 4:27 pm

PT . : 6.2.1.17
OS : Windows7 SP1 (no windowsupdates yet) and it is a recent windows install - was done same date as this post.
Programs installed : Avast AV, Veeam Backup Agent, .NET 4.7.2, Firefox, Free Download Manager

Have tried :
- Clear cache
- Run as Administrator
- Run in 256 colors
- Disable visual themes
- Disable desktop .
- Run in compatibility mode for Vista Sp2, XP SP3, Win2000

What happens?
Double-clicking on PT icon, splash screen comes up. Then the PT window goes all black. I can close the window by moving the cursor to whereabouts the close button is, and close the window, or else I just use task manager.

A possible Clue is that BEFORE I installed .NET 4.2.7 it was working, and I was able to download 3 movies without any issues.

After the install of .NET 4.7.2 something broke.

Hope this helps to point somebody into the right ..